Interesting facts about cats
Collection of amazing facts about cats.
- Cats have five toes on each front paw, but only four toes on each back paw.
- Cats who fall five stories have a 90 percent survival rate.
- A cat’s whiskers aren’t just for show – they help cats detect objects and navigate in the dark.
- Cats cannot see in complete darkness, only at low light levels.
You can share your own interesting facts!
- Humans greet each other by shaking hands; cats greet one another by touching their noses together.
- Cats have sandpaper-like tongues that they use to clean groom themselves.
- Unlike humans, cats only sweat through their paws. This is why you may see them leave moist paw prints in the summer time!
- The average cat sleeps 16-18 hours per day.
- Calico cats are almost always female.
- Most cats are lactose intolerant and should not be given cow’s milk.
- Cats knead with their paws when they are happy.
- A male cat is called a “Tom” and a female cat is called a “Queen.”
- 6. Cats can get tapeworm from eating mice.
- 7. Cats have more than 100 different vocal sounds.
- An adult cat has 30 adult teeth.
- Cats can run up to 30 miles per hour.
- A cat can jump approximately seven times its height.
- A female cat carries her kittens for about 58-65 days before they are born.
- Cats cannot taste anything sweet.
- A cat’s sense of smell is approximately 14 times greater than that of a human.
- A group of kittens is called a kindle; a group of adult cats is called a clowder.
Subscribe to our "Unbelievable Facts" Newsletter
Go back to homepage of Fun-Interesting-Facts.com - Submit your own facts